Welcome to Musbury Primary School
Musbury Primary School is located at the heart of the rural village of Musbury in the Axe Valley. Adjacent to housing and the church, it is a community school within the Devon County Council Local Authority.
Pulman's Weekly News - Tuesday 17th May 2011
Click on the picture above to read a larger version
Ethos and Values
Musbury Primary School is a community of learning and excellence where children come first. Every child is cared for, valued, inspired and nurtured to achieve success through enhancing their intellectual curiosity, academic achievement, physical development, imagination, creativity and spirituality.
Musbury Primary School prepares children for an ever-changing world through increasingly sophisticated technologies. The school retains and is proud of its learning from core values – where children learn to love, to achieve through working and helping others and respecting the diversity of the community in which they will live and learn.
Musbury Primary School is a school committed to life-long learning through identifying opportunities for professional development, quality family education and community learning.
The staff and governors aim to provide a secure supportive and challenging learning environment that will offer all children appropriate opportunities for growth and development.
- To encourage pupils to be active in body and mind and to understand how to remain fit and healthy in later life.
- To be a fair and caring environment in which staff and pupils are equally valued, where children feel secure and confident, are given equal opportunities and have a positive experience of diversity.
- To offer a balanced, broadly based curriculum plus a stimulating range of after school activities, which promote pupils’ spiritual, moral, social, cultural and physical wellbeing;
- To enable pupils to work co-operatively with others and to make a positive contribution to the school and wider community;
- To ensure pupils fulfil their potential and are prepared for the challenges of secondary education and later adult life.