School meals are available and from April 2022, will be provided by Sidmouth Primary School. Menus are on the ParentPay system, please order and pay via here by midnight on a Thursday, children can choose either a meat or vegetarian hot meal, a school packed lunch or a jacket potato with various filings Children may also bring a packed lunch to school, which is eaten in the hall with the other children. Please ensure that the lunch box is clearly named.
Since September 2014 all children in reception, year 1 and year 2 are eligible for a hot free school meal. For children in years 3, 4, 5 and 6 meals cost £2.50.
As a school we receive additional funding if your family qualifies for free school meals. If your circumstances have changed and you are now receipt of income support or other benefits (see below), you may well qualify for a free school meal. Parents or carers in receipt of the following benefits are eligible for free school meals:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
- Income Support (IS).
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA).
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA).
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment you get for a further 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit).
You would also receive a significant reduction in any residential visits run by the school.
Please see click on the link below to apply. If you think you qualify but are struggling with the form then please contact school and we will be happy to help:
Apply for free school meals - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)